IN Britain, Northern Rock, the country's eighth-biggest bank, revealed that it had asked the Bank of England for a rescue loan; customers queued to get their money out despite calls for calm from the bank and government.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Also in Holiday
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property