...for David Cameron and his responsible ministers and advisers who made such a hash of the elections for police and crime commissioners (PCCs) held last Thursday. Despite the importance he apparently attached to the launch of this innovation in the oversight of the police, the government did little or nothing to make it possible for qualified people to stand for election without incurring heavy costs or for the electorate to inform themselves about the candidates and their responsibilities. The very low turn-out on Thursday casts doubt on the validity of the results.
A big boo....
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Mark Cavendish teams up with Armstrong, Ullrich and Wiggins in Mallorca