The street demonstrations that had led to the downfall of the Tunisian government spread eastwards to Egypt, Jordan and Yemen. The most significant protests were seen in Egypt where large crowds demanded reform from President Mubarak's government for four consecutive days. Mubarak responded by dismissing all his ministers and appointing a new government.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Also in Holiday
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"