Compiled by MONITOR HAVING exhausted all other possibilities, the British government nationalised Northern Rock, the mortgage lender that was an early victim of the global credit market freeeze.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Also in Holiday
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- How Harry and Meghan "snubbed" the Queen, Ibiza instead of Balmoral