Dear Editor, AFTER this weekend's cold weather with snow in the mountains, the view this morning was beautiful here in the North of the Island as you will see from the above. THROUGH your esteemed pages, I ask someone to explain to me exactly what the regulations are regarding smoking and non-smoking areas in public places, and in particular, restaurants in Majorca. I am about to visit your beautiful island again for the first of many visits this year and would appreciate some advice. As an ex-smoker, (some say they are the worst) I am offended by any kind of smoke, particularly when I am in a restaurant. Can I request a non-smoking area in a restaurant when I make a booking, or will I be laughed at!
Oh, what a lovely morning
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones