By Jason Moore I have always thought that the local authorities should take more advantage of the wealth of experience on the island on tourism. We are lucky that we have a group of businessmen who are real experts in their field and could help the local authorities sell Majorca and perhaps even design a model for its development. I thought Andrew Clemence in our Sunday interview made some real valid points about tourism such as shops having more flexible opening hours to attract people on get-away weeks, the need to promote Majorca as a convention centre and in some ways moving with the times. I also thought he made a valid point about attending international trade fairs; the local authorities always say that it is vital that the islands are there but I think it is important that we give the right message. Come on local authorities let us all work together and have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet.
Some valid points
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt