For Salmond, Scotland's first minister, who was the only politician in the UK to emerge from the recent local elections with a clear cut victory as his Scottish National Party won a majority in the Scottish Parliament for the first time with 69 seats from all parts of the nation. How Salmond uses his power, especially over the issue of Scottish independence, remains to be seen but there can be no quesion that he has established himself as a formidable politician who commands respect throughout the UK. .
Also in Holiday
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements