...for CNN which started its 24-hour news service 30 years ago and after initial scepticism revolutionised news coverage around the world. Its format of breaking news and analysis has been widely adopted -- and in some cases distorted, as with Murdoch's Fox News -- by major channels and by complete newcomers such as Aljazeera TV. At the start CNN's founder Ted Turner said, We won't be signing off -- until the world ends -- and when that happens CNN's cameras will probably be there.
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones