On Tuesday I was robbed in the car park of Mercadona, in Palma Nova. My Messenger Bag was stolen from the back of my car whilst the thief’s accomplice distracted me, I was less that 3 metres away from the back door.
My wallet with 300+ euros and credit cards, my residencia card, medical card, driving licence along with my Nexus 7 tablet have gone.
This was reported to the Guardia Civil, where it was admitted that this type of theft was a growing problem and to my Insurance company to whom I have been paying premiums for over 20 years.
My Insurance company informed me that, had I suffered physical violence then they would have considered making a contribution to the cost of replacement, but as I was not beaten up I have no claim.
The cost of replacement will be over 1000 Euros. I am the loser in all of this. My question is, who is the biggest thief?
Also in Holiday
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less