Thank you for all your sterling efforts regarding winter flights. I bought a property in Majorca seven years ago as I knew I could get flights easily from my local airport at Newcastle. Imagine my disappointment when two years later the winter flights suddenly stopped.
I love the summers in Majorca but winter and spring are my personal favourites - the fact that I am currently missing the almond blossom and walks in the country lanes - the perfect antidote to a gloomy British winter - makes me very sad. My neighbours’ photographs on Facebook are all I get to see of it this winter!
Yes I can drive to Liverpool (4 hours), stay at the airport hotel overnight, and get an early morning flight (24 hours in total door to door) but I really don’t want to do this more than once over winter and would much prefer several winter breaks from a local airport (3-4 hours door to door).
I love Majorca as do my family and friends and we want to visit this beautiful island which has so much to offer ALL year round.
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit