In response to yesterday’s article, how on this earth are bicitaxis “unfair competition” to normal taxis, or horse-drawn carriages for that matter, surely the person wanting either would not want the other.
The same argument applies with private rentals and hotels. Soon we’ll have the Spanish restaurants complaining about the Indian or Chinese restaurants. We live in a Democracy, and the world is a changing place. Taxi drivers, and hoteliers, should stop whinging and accept changes in demand as in every other business. The Government should concentrate on getting their own house in order, all that live in Spain know that there are a stack of laws that need re-thinking. We should be able to take a friend to the airport without being intimidated by police or taxi drivers. Other civilzed countries accept it, and the EU built a 3,000 space airport car park in Palma for that very purpose.
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday