With the recent bout of insufferable ‘scorchio’ weather across the island, I have found myself spending several sticky afternoons glued to the TV in a quest to keep entertained as well as cool. A swoosh of faithful air-con along with the back-up whirr of a free standing electric fan, not forgetting a flutter of the traditional ‘hand fan’, which, although seems to take up more energy than any cooling benefit received (I obviously have a very bad technique and am employing far too much enthusiasm) is actually brilliant for swatting irritating flies and mosquitoes who love this weather and think it’s early feeding time!
The perfect place
Also in Holiday
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- Palma town hall cannot stop demolition of beach restaurant, say environmentalists