A resident breeder on Mallorca, this is the one species of raptor that will usually be seen before any other, especially if one is in a marshland area, and undoubtably the best place to see them in good numbers is at the Albufera, where they can be watched close in patrolling in front of the hides and over the reedbeds in search of prey.
Wild Mallorca: The marshland wanderer
They also resemble other harrier species in having distinct male and female plumages
Also in Holiday
- Woman dies while sunbathing on Mallorcan beach
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Balearic alert as Britons start to put the brakes on international holidays
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca