This month heralds the start the annual Grape harvest and in the town of Binissalem, the centre of wine production region here in Mallorca, the “Festa des Vermar” annual grape harvest festival also takes place including parades, celebrations, grape-crushing competitions and a wine tasting contest to celebrate the end of the grape harvest in Mallorca. The fiesta is associated with the celebrations of the town’s patron Saint Gal, who represents fertility.
Food: Grape expectations this month in Mallorca
Grapes are the oldest fruit known to man
Also in Holiday
- Bank clerk accused of stealing foreigner´s two million euro fortune in Palma
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Mallorca-loving Emily is the hottest thing on the planet, says Brad Pitt