When we imagine what the Balearic Islands will look like in 2030 – in addition to well-preserved marine and coastal ecosystems, abundant marine life, and sustainably exploited fish stocks – we see professional fishers adopting low-impact fishing practices and gear and making a decent living from their work.
The future of fishing in the Balearic Islands
Also in Holiday
- Indian summer in Mallorca, but will it last?
- Amber Heard's refuge in Mallorca
- Concern about possible return of cannibal drug to Magalluf
- British man has 100,000 pound watch ripped from his wrist in central Palma
- Spain is the only country in Europe which still has Covid restrictions for British travellers