Santa Margalida Town Council is making a bold commitment to promote culture and heritage; and promote local identity through an ambitious artistic and cultural project, ‘A return to the history of Santa Margalida’. The project started in 2016 under the name ‘Can Picafort: the new Ithaca of the Mediterranean’ and has now been continued and strengthened. Thanks to this, the whole town has been revalued as a tourist destination and the culture and art it offers, which is unique in Mallorca, has been expanded.
Can Picafort, the cultural reference of the north of Mallorca
Joan Monjo, Mayor of Santa Margalida Town Council, talks about the cultural project they started in 2016: 'Can Picafort: the new Ithaca of the Mediterranean'
Also in Holiday
- Super luxury Scenic Eclipse comes out of the cold in Mallorca
- Big increase in Balearic snake population (and they can also swim!)
- Fire burns down a villa in Calvia
- British cruise ship which made controversial visit to Cornish town docks in Palma
- Illegal holiday homes could soon be available to rent (legally!)