Whenever I visit Soller I think about moving there. It has a unique character which sets it apart from the rest of Mallorca, whenever you emerge from the tunnel that passes under The Coll, into the Soller Valley I feel as if I have travelled to another country. Sharon MacLaren nods as I wax lyrical about her chosen home. We are sitting in her restored townhouse, a few steps away from Calle Luna in the centre of the town, but you wouldn’t know it as it’s so peaceful. Rudi, her very cute Spaniel, is keen to be part of the conversation and sits panting on the sofa, awaiting pats on the head. Outside the front door Sharon’s street is decorated with bay leaves and white streamers in preparation for a street fiesta.
Supporting Artists in Mallorca
Meet Sharon MacLaren, Soller resident and “Artists of Mallorca” creator
Also in Holiday
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"