The Council of Mallorca is launching a major campaign against illegal holiday lets within Palma with owners facing fines of up to 40,000 euros.
Rent out your home to tourists in Palma and face a 40,000 fine
Council of Mallorca launches major crackdown
Also in Holiday
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
People owning flats or houses are not going to let them long term to locals, as you can't get them out when you want. Change the laws first, then people MIGHT consider renting to locals, but if no law is changed, there will be NO more rentals to locals. People might rather sell up.
Headline misleading. Its should read "ILLEGALLY Rent out your home to tourists in Palma and face a 40,000 fine". Please note that this has been in place and enforced for what, 4 years now? And bloody difficult to get away with if you advertise at all. Nothing new here.