United Airlines say that the Newark-New York to Palma service has been "a resounding success". Demand has exceeded all forecasts since flights started a month ago. Travel agencies in the Balearics point to an "excellent" response to there being direct flights to the US, and this two-way demand will lead to a change in the airline's scheduling for 2023.
New York-Palma route "a resounding success"
Also in Holiday
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons