Could someone in authority in Spain please wake up and open their eyes before the dispute in Catalonia escalates even further and plunges Spain into an even deeper crisis? The referendum which took place in Catalonia on Sunday had already been declared illegal and therefore it was rather pointless. The Spanish government could have sat back and just allowed the poll to take place and then declared it illegal. End of story. Instead, the government sent in the riot police from across Spain and tried to stop it using methods which have been slammed as being heavy-handed. Why? the result was meaningless, there was no need for riot police, there was no need for violence which was broadcast across the globe.
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property