You would have thought that the European Union would have had something to say about the crisis in Catalonia. In fact, not even 50,000 people marching past their door calling for independence prompted a response. As far as the European Union is concerned it is an internal Spanish matter and they can’t get involved. To some extent they are right but to some extent they are wrong. Surely a dispute of this scale and size demands at least a comment from the European Union.
Catalonia and the EU
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property