It is a surreal sensation. You go to a tourist resort in June but there are no tourists. Hotels are boarded up, shops are closed, restaurants are opening soon. Welcome to Majorca in 2020. This is what I discovered in Puerto Pollensa last week; the once bustling streets are empty and for the business community it is a question of hoping that the nightmare will end soon.
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma