It is often said that speaking in public is at the very top of most people’s lists when it comes to things that fill them with dread and terror. Nevertheless, you would have to be extremely lucky indeed to manage to escape - at some time in your life, having to stand-up and say something in front of scores of your family and friends. As someone who had to talk for his living for more years that I care to remember - stay calm as I have a few tips for you. Firstly, you should always remember that nobody ever said to a person who has just made a speech - “I loved it, I didn’t want it to end, you should have spoken for longer.” So, whatever you plan to say, make it SHORT. In fact cut down what you want to say and then say it as confidently as you can, and as you are on your feet anyway, try to both inform and entertain your audience; but if push comes to shove, opt for the former.
Ladies and Gentlemen: unaccustomed as I am to public speaking...!
"Imagining your audience completely naked, doesn’t help"
Also in News
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.