The decision by the British government to build a flagship yacht to promote UK PLC across the globe should be welcomed by all. It will be the perfect platform to promote Britain in the post-Brexit era. I know that the decision has many critics from those who complain about the cost (about 200 million pounds) to those who say that it will be yet another “toy” for the royal family. Total nonsense.
Viewpoint: Flagship yacht
The new flagship yacht could be part of a new dawn for British shipbuilding
Also in News
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
King Boris the first, wants his people to build him a super yacht so he can go sailing in the manner he thinks he deserves above all the common people!
A fantastic ship sailing the flag for Great Britain to be built by one of the best shipyards in the world, Cammell Laird Ship Builders in Birkenhead, Wirral.
I thought apprenticeships had been abandoned years ago.