Dozens of people gathered outside the British Consulate in the Plaza Mayor to demonstrate about the British handling of the Pinochet affair. The protesters were proclaiming that there had been a miscarriage of justice and were asking for a second medical examination so Pinochet could be extradited to Spain. The peaceful protest came after the ruling by the British Government that he was not fit to stand trial in Spain. The protest was attended by members of Amnesty International, the United Left party and members of local unions. One of the protesters read aloud a statement condemning the way the British had not extradited the controversial figure.
British Consulate protest in Palma over Pinochet
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property