The postal workers union has claimed that there is such a backlog of mail that one of the emergency exits of the main building is blocked, and warned that the situation will get worse with the forthcoming March 12 elections. In a communique, the union claimed that there was a backlog of 600'000 items and 10'000 certified items. It said that this dated from before Christmas, as the management had not taken any steps to solve the problem. The union said if nothing is done immediately, then the Christmas backlog will tie up with the avalanche of political propaganda which will be sent for the elections. The communique says that one of the causes is the fact that the Post Office has done away with the national parcel service.
Huge backlog of letters and parcels at the post office
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe