A thirteen year old French boy is recovering in hospital after being run down by a fast-moving boat 15 metres from the shore at Santa Ponsa beach. The skipper of the craft is in prison. I think it is only right that this man should go to prison, said father Gilles Blanchard. Louis was in the water waiting to go water-skiing when he was hit by the boat. The driver failed to spot the French boy who was rushed to hospital suffering from severe chest injuries. He was placed in intensive care. His condition is now improving. There are clear guidelines enforced by the Maritime Authorities regarding boats and their proximity to the shore. The skipper of the yacht could be charged with manslaughter.
Boy in hospital after boat accident
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!