Two youths, one aged just 14, died in an horrific car accident on the airport motorway early yesterday. The vehicle in which the two were travelling left the road at speed and hit a crash barrier. According to the Civil Guard traffic department the driver, aged 17 and his passenger (14) died instantly. Police said that the car was completely wrecked. Last night police had launched an investigation into the accident. Island roads are now claiming a growing number of victims. Already police have introduced road safety classes in local schools. Almost 40 percent of people who died in traffic accidents are under the age of 25. Speeding is one of the principal causes of most accidents on local roads, according to traffic police. The Civil Guard Traffic Department have already increased the number of spot-checks they carry out on local roads.
Two youths die in crash on airport motorway
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property