The local fiestas held all over the island throughout the summer are for joining in, not watching from the sidelines, and those in Palma in honour of the patron, the Mare de Deu de Salud (Our Lady of Good Health) were no exception. The façade of the church of Sant Miquel (in the street of the same name) was decorated with flowers for the three days of celebrations which started on Thursday with a parade through the streets and the offering of flowers and fruit to the Virgin. The fruit was blessed and later distributed to charitable organisations. On Friday, the Bishop of Majorca, Mgr Teodro Ubeda, presided Mass at the church.
Local fiestas are made for joining in
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!