IF your satellite system presently meets the following requirements you should be able to continue to receive BBC television and radio. However, we must stress that this is an overall picture and may not take into account some individual cases. The Majorca-based satellite company, Ocean, has provided the necessary technical support for these articles.
1. The BBC will be broadcasting on the same satellite system as ITV from May 30. If you can receive ITV between the crucial hours of 6p.m. to 11p.m. (when the signal often breaks-up) then you shouldn't have any problem receiving the BBC.
2. As we know to receive ITV you need one of the bigger dishes. If you have one of the newer larger dishes you should be alright.
3. Please also take into account that due to climatic conditions the signal is at its strongest in the summer months so you may not notice problems with your reception of BBC until the late summer or early autumn.
THE information we obtained yesterday stated that those people with the following systems or locations may experience problems receiving the BBC.
1. If they have one of the smaller dishes (the older models) which were designed only to receive the BBC and are not big enough to receive ITV.
2. The location of your dish and the place where you live could also mean that you experience problems.
3. Some people who are only allowed the smaller dishes in apartment complexes and are not allowed to install the bigger dishes will also have problems.
4. There are a variety of other technical factors which also come into play.
5. As a final reminder new Sky viewing cards have recently been introduced and are being distributed at the moment.
The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.
Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');
mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.
Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.