By Humphrey Carter IT was warmer at midnight on Wednesday than it was at mid-day in the Balearics yesterday. The cold snap kicked in yesterday with the temperature in Majorca struggling to reach 7ºC while in Minorca the maximum was just 6ºC. Ibiza did slightly better with 10ºC. Director of the Balearic Met office, Agustin Jansa, said that the temperature was taken at mid-day the warmest part of the day, although it was not very warm, he said. The midnight temperatures were as much as 4ºC higher in the case of Majorca. Again, in Alfabia, the temperature dropped to zero and in LLuc, 5ºC. More snow fell above 900 metres as the persistent rain fell all day in the north and north east of the island. Some areas would have woken up to a white blanket of snow this morning and last night the Civil Protection department issued a warning to drivers out early this morning to be careful of black ice and the windy conditions.
TEMPERATURE DROPS TO FREEZING
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property