l ACCORDING to police sources, delinquency in the Balearics went down by nearly six percent last year, to the lowest point in the past 20 years. However, there was an increase in some types of crime, notably domestic violence. l A new court house has been built in Palma, and there are now rapid trials for minor offences. l A new tourist police force, with English-speaking officers, has been set up and will be operative in resorts across the island this year. l EFFORTS are also being made to recruit more police. The number of police is always increased in the summer, to provide protection for the Spanish Royal Family, who spend their holidays here, and deal with the needs of millions of tourists.
THE CRIME RATE
Also in News
- British man has 100,000 pound watch ripped from his wrist in central Palma
- 11 million tourists to ditch their Spanish holidays due to higher costs
- Indian summer in Mallorca, but will it last?
- Cyclist dies in Mallorca's mountains
- Spain is the only country in Europe which still has Covid restrictions for British travellers