COSTITX THOSE of us who learned in school that the great 15th century explorer Christopher Columbus was from the mainland of Spain, or perhaps even Portuguese, are now going to have to have another think. The Columbus Cultural Association holding the first ever international symposium on the explorer yesterday in Costitx, is sticking by the theory that he was in fact, Majorcan - from Felanitx.
The Columbus Association says he was Majorcan
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort