l Spain is home to one of the largest mobile markets in Europe. Although mobile penetration exceeded 100% as far back as 2005, subscribers continued to increase, peaking at 58.5 million at year-end 2011. Subscriber numbers have since declined to less than 54 million as the country's economic downturn has residents tightening their belts and cutting unnecessary costs. According to TeleGeography's GlobalComms Database, Spain lost 5.3 million mobile subscribers between 2011 and 2012.
Massive decline in mobile subscribers
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister