STAFF REPORTER FIGURES for car sales in the Balearic Islands last month fell by 49 percent in comparison with the same month in 2007. Manufacturers and car sales associations reported yesterday that results were slightly worse in the region than they were across the country as a whole where the average downturn stood at 48.8 percent. The associations confirmed that the fall-off in trade has been the worst in history with numbers of sales receding to 1983 levels.
Car sales slump worst in history
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt