Palma.This will not be the first time the Balearics has backed the campaign and individuals are also encouraged to take part and do their bit to help fight climate change by turning their lights off for an hour between 8.30pm and 9.30pm local time. Earth Hour originated in Sydney in 2007 with an appeal to people and businesses to turn off their lights for an hour to heighten awareness about climate change, driven by carbon-emitting fossil fuels.
Balearics backs WWF Earth Hour
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers