By Humphrey Carter AN investigation has been opened into the death of a 20-year-old British holidaymaker late on Sunday night. Gareth Wells from Birmingham was rushed to hospital at 9pm on Sunday after falling ten metres from a balcony of a Magalluf hotel. He tragically died just hours after reaching hospital and yesterday the Guardia Civil returned to scene to investigate the cause of the fall. It is understood that the 20-year-old was with two other people on the fourth-floor balcony and was leaning against the balcony railing when a piece apparently gave way and he plunged ten metres into a narrow passageway where he got trapped.
20-year-old falls to his death in Magalluf
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow