0

The town of Porreres was in total shock yesterday after a five-year-old boy died in a house fire and five others, including his parents, were slightly injured.

Palma.—The five-year-old, identified as Antonio Llabres Mesquida, apparently died of asphyxiation as he slept and   became the fourth person to have died in a house fire in the Balearics since November.
 Yesterday, Porreres Council and the Balearic government sent their condolences to the family of  the young boy and the local council has cancelled all of this weekend’s Balearic Day celebrations as a mark of respect. According to the 112 emergency service, the alarm was raised at 7.05am.
The fire broke out  on the first floor of the three storey property in Calle Rei Jaume I in which six people,  two adults a