The vineyards in Majorca, some of them being very old, forming part of the attractive landscape of the island. In fertile, iron and lime clay soil grapes are growing very well,- and not only the well known varieties, but also types which grow in Majorca only, such as Manto Negro, Callet or Fogoneu. The quality of majorcan wine is controlled and guaranteed by the denomination of origin, “Denominación de Origin” (D.O.) or “Vi de Terra”. The certificate is a guarantee for the wine coming from the mentioned region and also guarantees that it contains a pre-defined proportion of mallorcan grapes. Curious about Majorcan wine? A tasty testing pack with a drop of red and white wine can be ordered at FetaSóller, the specialist in the delicacies from Majorca.
Majorcan wine delicious temptation!
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman