Madrid.—British nationals living overseas who are waiting for a new passport, or whose passport has recently expired or will expire soon, are being offered additional services to help with any concerns they may have about their ability to travel, the  British Embassy in Madrid announced yesterday.  
If you live in Spain and need to renew an existing British passport, you can instead apply for it to be extended for 12 months.
You will need to be in possession of a passport that expired less than six months ago or will expire within the next three months, and have at least three blank pages left in your passport.
There is no charge for this service.

If you have already made an application to have your passport renewed then you cannot get an extension to your current passport, even if you still have it with you. If you need to travel urgently, you can apply for an emergency travel document. If you’re the parent or guardian of a child living in Spain who needs to travel, you may be able to apply for an emergency travel document for your child instead of a new or renewed passport.


To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.