Hoteliers in Majorca have regularised a total of 5,527 hotel places in the past six years. These were the result of a decree that was passed in 2009 by the previous PSOE-led administration, with one aim having been to assist investment. The decree was extended by the last government of José Ramón Bauzá, but the period for requesting regularisation has now ended. Because of the deadline, the tourism ministry has been receiving a recent avalanche of requests.
28 million euros for investment from regularisation of hotel places
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!