A package of measures is being introduced to increase water resources in the Balearics and combat drought. These include a specific decree for Ibiza, stopping withdrawals of water from the S'Estremera aquifer in Majorca, increasing connections from desalination plants and the incorporation of a drought plan into the general water resources plan.
Action to tackle the drought
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!