Beachgoers, tourists and residents in Illetes were alarmed this at around midday today when a public bus caught fire and its engine exploded. The bus was cleared of its passengers (only four or five) when an engine problem initially caused white smoke, which rapidly turned black prior to the explosion.
Bus explosion in Illetes causes alarm
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma