The regional environment minister, Vicenç Vidal, said today that the situation with aquifers has worsened because of the lack of rain and the tourist season. Palma, added Vidal, has become one of a total of 27 municipalities which are now on drought alert. The town hall's drought committee has met this week and measures to be adopted will include increased use of recycled water for purposes such as street cleaning.
27 municipalities in Majorca now on drought alert
Also in News
- Happy days for second homeowners in Spain?
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Take a look at what's on offer in this week's Classifieds!
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain