More hotels in Paguera and Santa Ponsa will open earlier than usual next year. Alejandro Garrido of the Paguera-Cala Fornells association says that hoteliers are looking to achieve a ten-month season from February to November, and so the number of hotels that will reopen in February will rise by between 10 and 15 per cent. Of the 72 hotels in Paguera, 60% opened at the start of February this year. This figure will rise to up to 75% in 2017. He adds that hotel renovations and a repositioning of the tourist product with a greater focus on sports tourism in the low season have been factors in bringing about earlier openings.
Paguera and Santa Ponsa opening earlier next year
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort