The president of the Majorca Restaurants Association, Alfonso Robledo, believes that the number of terraces in Palma will be slashed by new ordinance planned by the town hall. The bylaw will be negative and result in the disappearance of terraces and the loss of jobs. Robledo says that the terraces have made the city lively and cheerful. The town hall's measures will reverse this.
Bylaw would lead to the loss of some 500 Palma terraces
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- In the eye of the storm: flights cancelled, schools closed
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe