Alcudia town hall is finally adopting tougher measures to deal with street drinking. There is to be an amendment to the 2008 bylaw, which has proved to be mostly ineffective. This established that alcohol consumption in public places was prohibited if and when it could cause a nuisance, but it only made provision for penalising alcohol drunk from bottles or glasses.
Alcudia getting tougher on street drinking
Also in News
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
It is mainly underage drinkers all round the Magic roundabout area and noise occurs till 3 am most weekends . They sit with alcohol and mixers drinking out of plastic glasses and I wondered why police did not get involved when alerted . I installed almost sound proof windows to enable sleep . It's good news for residents hopefully.