Only 2,000 people turned up for the concerts, some of which were called off.

19-01-2020Miquel À. Cañellas

Palma's councillor for citizen participation and the town hall spokesperson, Alberto Jarabo, says that the town hall will have to pay up to 75% of the cost of Sunday night's concerts, some of which had to be called off because of the weather.

The terms of contract arrangements for the stages, he explained on Wednesday, meant that once the stages and sound equipment were set up, the town hall had to pay 75% of the cost, regardless of when concerts might have been called off - either at the last minute or several hours before. Insurance will cover the remaining 25% of the cost. Jarabo added that the cost of contracting for the concerts was 219,000 euros.

Responding to a demand from the opposition Ciudadanos that he gives an explanation at the next plenary session, Jarabo stated that all the decisions which were taken were "correct". Communications with the police, the fire brigade and others were "constant" on Sunday, as they had been in the days immediately before the party. There was a WhatsApp group to ensure that safety was paramount.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.