The Guardia Civil have detained two boiler fitters following the death of a painter and decorator at a property in Son Servera.

Local police went to this property after receiving a call from the deceased's employers. They had tried to contact him but had been unable to. The police found the body and became aware of a high level of carbon monoxide.

The boiler had been installed the day before and put into operation, but the gas pipes hadn't been connected properly.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

STAN / Hace 7 months

There needs to be a Law stating any form of gas installation must have a Carbon Monoxide Detector. To be regularly inspected and tested. It would be wonderful if detectors could also stop gas being used until the leak or fault is rectified.

+1-