At an extraordinary meeting of the cabinet on Sunday, the Spanish government is expected to approve the declaration of a state of alarm. This follows requests for this from ten regional governments. A state of alarm gives regional authorities the legal means to introduce tougher mobility restrictions.
State of Emergency in Spain
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca